Baitcast reels are increasing in popularity quite a bit, due to the unique benefits they provide. A bait clicker can be added to them to increase feasibility. Interestingly, you may even find a spinning reel with a bait clicker once in a while.
There are a lot of Bait-caster reels available in the market, and it can be quite hard for people to decide which one to choose.
While they are not too expensive, it can be frustrating if you buy one baitcasting reel with a bait clicker, only to find that it’s not good enough for you.
For your convenience, in this article we have discussed all the baitcasting and spinning reels with bait clickers and bait feeders, each best for their unique circumstances, so you can decide which one you should use to start off your journey.
If you are in A hurry! check the below Quick Summary of Our Favorite Picks For 2022
What is a Bait Clicker on a Reel?
For those who are new to fishing, or otherwise for some, would be unaware of what a bait clicker on a reel is. Here is some insight on bait clickers for them:
Understanding a Bait Clicker
A bait clicker also called a “line alarm function” or a “fishing reel bait alarm”, is a fishing tool that is placed on a reel by fishers during swimming.
This tool is widely used by fishermen and fisherwomen all around the world, and it helps them in the fishing process. The bait clicker can be turned on or off depending on the requirements of fishing, or the ongoing phase in the fishing process.
Structure of a Bait Clicker
In the reel housing of a fishing reel, there is a bore, inside which the bait clicker can be fitted. It contains a control knob that allows you to engage with the clicker while keeping the reel disengaged.
A lot of other things like “legs” are involved in the structure of a bait clicker, which is quite related to controlling the gears of the reels.
Purpose of a Bait Clicker
As the name “Line Alarm Function” suggests, the bait clicker gives off an alarm to inform or caution the fishermen or fisherwomen that a fish has caught the bait.
Basically, when the line is moving you get an immediate alarm so that the individual can take the necessary action to capture the fish successfully.
Benefits of a Bait Clicker
Following are some of the benefits of a bait clicker:
- They allow you to realize a fish has been caught on a timely basis.
- The fishing reel bait alarm significantly increases your chances of success.
- They prevent the reel or the rod from damaging due to quicker response.
- The rod has a lower chance of getting out of your hand.
- You don’t have to check the rod for the bait again and again.
How do you use a Spinning Reel with Bait Clicker?
Once the fish catches the bait and moves, the line will start moving too and you will be alarmed by the bait clicker.
Now all you need to do is to disengage the bait clicker by sliding or pressing the button again and catch the fish.
What are the Best Spinning Reels with Bait Clickers?
If you understand the benefits of spinning reels with bait clickers, you’d definitely want to try one out.
Unfortunately, there are very few bait clickers with spinning reels in the market, and it can be even harder to find the good ones.
Luckily for you, we have gathered a list of the best spinning reel with bait clickers on the market. This also includes the best bait feeder spinning reel, which is a little bit different. Here are some of the best spinning reels with bait clickers in the market:
- NEW! KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III is a unique baitfeeder style...
- DURABLE-Each Sharky Baitfeeder III live liner fishing reels have...
- POWERFUL-The Sharky Baitfeeder spinning reels have carbon fiber...
- INSPIRED DESIGN- The KastKing reel features a CNC aluminum Shark...
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for reliability and quality
- Used by professionals worldwide
- On/Off auto trip bait feeding system
- Max Drag 4000 - 33lbs, 5000, 36lbs, 6000 - 39lbs, 7000 46lbs
- [Enhanced Thicker Design for Landing Big Game Fish] The...
- [Precision Craftsmanship for Smooth Operation] Exquisitely...
- [Ergonomic Design and Easy Handling] The Sougayilang S331 bait...
- [Drop-shaped Guide Ring for Smooth Line Management] The...
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Country of Origin: China
- Product Possess High Durability
- Made Of High Quality Materials
Our Top Recommended Spinning Reels with Bait Feeder
The best baitfeeder spinning reels we have chosen are of premium quality, that provide you with the most optimal performance you may have ever witnessed. They are discussed below:
1. Daiwa Lexa 300 CC Bait Clicker Baitcast Reel
The Daiwa Lexa is a premium spin-casting reel that not only provides you with phenomenal performance but also makes your fishing experience more aesthetic.
This reel has an appeal to it like no other. You should set out to the nearest location and fish with fashion.
Key Features of Daiwa Lexa:
- It has a total of 7 bearing systems, including one roller bearing.
- An EVA custom handle knob is provided for the best performance.
- This item weighs about 8.64 ounces.
- This item contains a drive and pinion gear made up of stainless steel.
2. Abu Garcia Black Max Low Profile Baitcast Reel
This low-profile reel by Abu Garcia is quite economical, but at the same time provides you with optimal functionality.
You can hit the waters with this reel with supreme precision, and get just the fish you wanted right out of the water. It doesn’t matter what water you are fishing on; this reel will always stay loyal to you.
Key Features of Abu Garcia:
- This item contains 4 ball bearings made up of stainless steel.
- This item has a compact bent handle that provides you with an optimal grip.
- Max black reel weighs about 10.08 ounces.
- The body of this item is made up of aluminum, with a handle made up of stainless steel.
3. Okuma Komodo Low Profile Baitcaster with Bait Clicker
If you are looking for exceptional power and strength, this reel with bait clicker and bait feeder should be your product of choice.
It will take you through the toughest of storms, and you will never return empty-handed even in the fiercest of adventures. It’s a low profile with exceedingly high potential.
Key Features of Okuma Komodo:
- The spool shafts and drives of this reel are made up of heavy-duty stainless steel.
- The handle of this item is made up of stainless steel too.
- This reel weighs exactly 1 pound, to facilitate its high strength.
- It has an optimized level of wind and a Zirconium line guide.
4. KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III Spinning Reel
If you are looking for a beautiful spinning reel that provides you with a big load of features and functionality, this is your bait clicker spinning reel of choice.
Regardless of whatever the circumstances are, this reel will find its way through them, because it has features for all circumstances. You could be in hell, but you’d certainly come out with a fish.
Key Features KastKing Sharky:
- This item has 10 + 1 stainless steel ball bearings, all of which are shielded.
- It provides you with precision alloy gears with a ratio of 5.5:1.
- The drag washers of this item are made of carbon fiber, to bear the maximum weight of fish caught.
- It has a corrosion-free body with a computer balanced Rotor.
Bait Clicker Tricks For Catfish – How To Catch a lot of Catfish With Bait Clickers
Fishing reels for getting catfish are frequently a subject of incredible discussion and the spot that new catfish fishermen squander the most cash so we’ve assembled this Ultimate Guide To Catfish Reels.
With a bit of comprehension of what highlights you need in a catfish reel and the requests the reel will be gotten through you’ll save a ton of time, cash, and cerebral pains long haul.
It’s imperative to have an unmistakable comprehension of the catfish species you’ll be focusing on and whether you plan on focusing on one type of catfish, numerous species, “box fish” (more modest one to ten-pound catfish), prize class fish, or a combination of these.
Commonly Asked Questions about Spincast Reel with Bait Clicker (FAQ)
Refer to the following commonly asked questions about spincast reels with bait clickers for clarification and understanding of spinning reels and bait clickers:
Are baitcasters better than spinning reels?
Baitcasters are better if you want to fish at a professional level. With much practice, your accuracy can increase quite a bit, especially at long distances. On the contrary, spinning reels serve better for amateur fishing, and are good for all situations, making them more versatile.
Does a baitcaster with clicker work on a spinning rod?
While you can use a baitcaster on a spinning rod, it should be noted that baitcasters are not designed for them, and hence you may find some inconsistencies in the performance of your fishing.
What kind of rod and reel should I use for catfishing
For a catfish level, wind baitcasting reels should be preferred. Reels without level wind are used for bigger fishes. As for the rod, you can use the medium or medium-heavy rod for channel catfish, and medium-heavy for blue and flathead catfish.
Which Abu Garcia Reels have a bait clicker?
The Abu Garcia reel that has a bait clicker is the “Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 Round Reel”. It also provides you with advanced functionality and features like bent handle and star-drag adjustment, which makes it an ideal reel to have bait clickers.
Are baitrunner reels good?
Although baitrunner reels are not commonly used, they go exceptionally well with bite alarms and bank sticks. The dual drag system of baitrunner reels makes them quite proficient in fish catching and feasible for users. So yes, baitrunner reels indeed are good!
Well, it’s quite obvious by now how important bait clickers and bait feeders are for fishing. You should look at your preferences and choose one of the reels, be it a baitcaster with a clicker, or a spinning reel with a bait clicker. It will surely be an experience worth having!
You might also like:
- How to pick the Best spinning reel in 2021 (Buying guide and reviews)
- The 4 different types of fishing reels and their uses (Exclusive Guide)
- How much-braided line to put on a spinning reel (Complete Beginners guide)