There are plenty of ways to enjoy fishing these days. For those living near beaches, one of the most popular options is to indulge in surf fishing! That’s when you try to catch fish by standing on the shoreline or wading into the surf. so you are in urgent need to learn how to make a surf fishing rod holder like A pro in under ten minute
Some passionate fishers love taking things to the next level. They’ll want to leave their fishing rod there for extended periods, or they may want to cast multiple lines into the water. If you’d like to do that, you’ll need a surf fishing rod holder.
A beach rod holder isn’t too complicated. You can buy one from the store, like when you see people using sand spikes for surf fishing, or you can make your own.
If you want to save some money, you’ll be glad to know that DIY sand spike rod holders aren’t too difficult to make at home.
In this article, you’re going to discover what it takes to make a surf fishing rod holder of your own!
If you are in A hurry! and want to pick one of the premade beach rod holders check the below Quick Summary of Our Favorite Picks.
The Material You’ll Need For A Surf Fishing Rod Holder
DIY surf fishing rod holders are very simple and straightforward, so you can use whatever materials you might have around the house.
With that in mind, most people consider PVC or polyvinyl chloride to be the best material you can use to make your surf fishing rod holder. It’s cheap, readily available at your local hardware store, and easy to portion out to whatever length you want.
Typically, to make a PVC surf rod holder, you’ll need at least a 1.5-inch thick tube of PVC piping. In terms of length, you’ll need at least 3 feet worth of piping or more if you plan on making multiple rod holders at one time.
Tools You’ll Need To Make A Surf Fishing Rod Holder
The process of making your rod holder involves cutting that PVC piping to the right length. You’ll need some kind of saw, whether it’s a full-sized table saw or a simple handsaw. As long as you can use it to cut the PVC piping comfortably, you’re good to go.
If you’re particular about quality, you can also prepare some sandpaper to smoothen out the edges of the parts you’ll cut out.
Cutting The PVC
Making your own PVC surf fishing rod holder isn’t as simple as cutting out a piece of pipe.
On one end, you’ll want to cut the PVC at a 45-degree angle. That gives it a spike-like shape that’ll make it very easy for you to anchor it into the ground when you use it.
Once you’ve cut out the angled part to use an anchor, you can cut the rest of the tube at 3 feet in length. That length is ideal for you to slide your fishing rod’s handle in and keep it stable even when the line gets pulled.
Using your DIY Surf Fishing Rod Holder
That’s all there is to it! Using a DIY surf fishing rod holder is just as easy as making it. All you have to do is take the angled end and push it into the ground to anchor it. Then, once you’ve cast your line, you can put the rod’s handle inside the tube to hold it in place.
Repeat the same process for however, many rods you plan on using simultaneously.
Bestseller Sand spikes for Surf fishing
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Package Dimensions: 72.39 L X 3.81 W X 5.08 H (Centimeters)
- Product Is More Durable And Long Lasting
- Package Weight: 0.5 Pounds
- Sand Spike
- SAND SPIKE HOLDER: Hold your fishing rods in style when you go to...
- MADE TO LAST: Manufactured from quality PVC material and aluminum...
- AVAILBALE SIZES: Choose the size that is most convenient for your...
- PERFECT FISIHING GIFT: Make your fishing experience even easier...
- 2 inch angle, 1/8 inch sand wedger, goes up to 25 inches into...
- IN PHOTOS SEE THE BEAST BEING PROFILED ON FLORIDA INSIDER FISHING...
- 100% Aluminum with stainless steel hardware
- 15% OFF TWO OR MORE****
- 1-Year Warranty - 100% Aluminum sand wedge and rod holder. Rod...
- Inserts up to 24” into sand
- 2” angle, 1/8 “ thick, 1.66 inside diameter
- Product Type: Fishing Equipment
- Item Package Dimensions: 16.256 L X 16.51 W X 121.92 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Weight: 0.953 kgs
- DELUXE SAND SPIKE: Be carefree of where you put your fishing rod...
- STURDY BUILT: Utilizing top-quality materials, this surf fishing...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Sturdy yet lightweight, this fishing rod sand spike...
- PERFECT FISHING GIFT: Bring a smile to your loved one’s face or...
- 💪 Impact + UV Resistant PVC With High Gloss Finish. NOT your...
- 🎏 Rubber Coated Flared Top Keeps Your Fishing Pole in Great...
- 🎨 With 2 Colors and 3 Heights Available. You Are Sure to Get...
- $1 donated to Tides Send a kid fishing for every product sold.
- [2022 Upgraded Version] Sand Spike Head is sharper with...
- 50.3’ in length, goes up to 17.9’ into the sand, no...
- convenient foot push for easy insertion into the sand
- Bait box measures 4x3x3 inches with drainage holes, perfec...
- Package length: 7.366 cm
- Package width: 7.366 cm
- Package height: 92.71 cm
- Product Type: FISHING EQUIPMENT