Nothing is more important than your fishing gear when it comes to fishing. You’ve put a lot of time and money into acquiring the best equipment possible, so you need to do everything to protect it. Unfortunately, one of the most common ways for anglers’ gear to get stolen is from their vehicle s roof rack until now. Read on for tips on how to protect your reels beeing stole from your roof rack.
I was recently fishing with a friend, and he had his reels stolen from his roof rack. I never thought this could happen to me, but I am now very cautious after hearing his story.
Luckily, I found a solution that will help protect my reels in the future. Could you keep reading to find out what it is?
Do People Steal Roof Cargo Boxes?
The short answer is yes; people do steal roof cargo boxes. It’s a relatively common occurrence. There are a few reasons for this.
- First, roof cargo boxes are often left unsecured, making them easy targets for thieves.
- Second, they usually contain valuable fishing, camping, or ski equipment.
- And third, they’re typically located on the outside of the vehicle, making them even easier to steal.
So, how can you protect your roof cargo box and the valuables inside it from being stolen?
How Do You Keep Your Roof Rack from Being Stolen?
The best way to protect your roof rack and the valuables inside it is to use a lock. A few different rack locks can be used, but the best option is a U-lock.
U-locks are made of heavy-duty steel, and they’re designed to be very difficult to break. They can be attached to the roof rack or the cargo box, making it nearly impossible for thieves to steal your gear.
Another option is to use a cable lock. Cable locks are made of steel or aluminum, and they’re also very difficult to break.
The only downside to cable locks is that they can be cut through with a bolt cutter.
If you use a cable lock, make sure it’s heavy-duty steel and at least 3/8″ thick.
You can also use a combination lock, which is a good option if you have multiple people who need access to your roof rack. Just choose a difficult lock to pick that has a long shackle.
Whatever type of lock you choose, be sure to attach it to something that can’t be easily cut or broken. For example, you could attach it to your vehicle’s frame or a solid piece of metal on your type of roof rack.
How Do You Lock Things on a Roof Rack?
Transporting items on the roof of your car can be a great way to save space, but it’s important to use a roof rack and secure the items properly to avoid damage.
Securing your belongings is key when using a roof rack, as even a small bump can cause them to fly off and damage your car or worse.
Watch this video to learn how to safely and securely lock down your items on a roof rack.
Should I Buy Locks for My Roof Rack?
If you regularly transport valuables on your roof rack, you should buy locks for it. Locks will deter thieves, and they’ll also help keep your belongings secure while you’re driving.
Just be sure to choose a high-quality lock made of heavy-duty materials. And be sure to attach it to something that can’t be easily cut or broken.
With some little effort, you can protect your roof rack and the valuables inside it from being stolen. So, don’t wait any longer; get a lock for your roof rack today!
Are Thule Locks Worth It?
Thule is a leading manufacturer of roof racks and cargo boxes, so it’s no surprise that they also make locks for their products.
Thule locks are made of heavy-duty steel, and they’re designed to be very difficult to break. They can be attached to the roof rack or the cargo box, making it nearly impossible for thieves to steal your gear.
The only downside to Thule locks is that they’re a bit more expensive than other options. But, if you’re searching for the best possible protection for your roof rack, Thule locks are definitely worth the investment.
- Wedge-shaped low profile design combines style and function with...
- Wind fairing is included to help airflow over your cargo. Load...
- Accessory crossbars (sold separately) allow you to carry...
- Fits a broad range of vehicles with versatile mounting hardware...
- Includes universal factory mounting hardware
- One Key System - Includes two lock cylinders and keys
- Safely carries up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Snowboards can be carried base to base for maximum capacity
- Functional rooftop cargo box provides 14 cubic feet of additional...
- Rugged and durable design keep contents protected
- FastGrip quick-mount system assembles in minutes
- Passenger-side opening for easy loading and unloading
- A versatile roof-mounted cargo box for everyday use
- Provides 16 cubic feet of additional packing space
- Designed to fit a wide range a vehciles with maximum space...
- Quick-mount system "clicks" when roof box is secure and properly...
- Set of 4 load carrier feet for Thule Evo roof rack system (load...
- Foot installs easily onto vehicles with flush railings
- Ergonomic torque limiter key indicates when the rack is safely...
- Secures to vehicle with Thule One-Key locks (sold separately)
How Do You Open a Thule Box Without a Key?
If you’ve lost the key to your Thule cargo box, don’t worry, there’s a way to open it without the key.
First, locate the lock on the box. Then, insert a thin piece of metal (like a nail or a paperclip) into the keyhole. Once the metal is in the keyhole, rotate it until you feel the locking mechanism release.
Once the locking mechanism is released, you should be able to open the box. Just be sure to keep the metal in the keyhole while you’re opening it, as otherwise, the box will relock itself.
You can open your Thule box without a key with a little effort. So, if you’ve lost yours, don’t worry; you can still access your belongings.
Why Should You Remove a Roof Rack When Not in Use?
If you don’t use your roof rack often, you might be tempted to leave it in your car all the time. However, this is a tacky idea for several reasons.
- First, leaving your roof rack on all the time can damage your car’s paint job. The constant wind and sun can cause the paint to fade and even start to peel.
- Second, a roof rack that’s not being used is an easy target for thieves. If you don’t use your roof rack often, it’s best to remove it and store it safely.
- And finally, an unused roof rack can decrease your gas mileage. So, if you want to save money on gas, be sure to remove your roof rack when you’re not using it.
In conclusion, several good reasons to remove your roof rack when you’re not using it. So, if you don’t need it, be sure to take it off your car to protect your reels beeing stole from your roof rack.
Can You Drive Your Car with an Empty Cargo Box?
Yes, you can drive with an empty cargo box. However, you should be aware of a few things before doing so.
First, an empty cargo box can be noisy. The wind will make a lot of noise as it passes through the box.
Second, an empty cargo box can decrease your gas mileage. The extra wind resistance will make your car work harder, which will use up more gas.
And finally, an empty cargo box can be dangerous. If the box isn’t properly secured, it could come loose and fall off your car. So, be sure to secure it properly before driving.
In conclusion, you can drive with an empty cargo box, but you should be aware of the potential risks. If you choose to drive with an empty box, secure it properly and be prepared for the increased noise and decreased gas mileage.
Are Roof Racks Safe?
Yes, roof racks are safe. However, it would help to keep a few things in mind to ensure they’re used safely.
First, always make sure the rack is properly secured to your car. If it’s not, it could come loose and fall off, which would be very dangerous.
Second, be careful when loading and unloading gear. If you’re not careful, you could drop something and damage your car or hurt yourself.
And finally, be aware of your surroundings. If you’re driving in a crowded area, watch out for other cars and pedestrians.
By following these simple tips, you can use your roof rack safely and avoid any accidents.
How Do You Secure a Roof? Roof Rack Security: Ways to Prevent Roof Rack theft
When you’re not using your roof rack, you should always ensure it’s properly secured. There are a few various ways to do this.
- First, you can use a Ratchet Strap. Ratchet straps are very strong and can hold your roof rack in place even in high winds.
- Second, you can use a cable lock. Cable locks are made of metal and can be looped through your roof rack to keep it secure.
- Third, you can use a U-lock. U-locks are made of metal and can be wrapped around your roof rack to keep it secure.
- Fourth, you can use a padlock. Padlocks are made of metal and can be placed through the roof rack bars to keep them secure.
- Fifth, you can use a Roof Cargo Basket Lock. This is a special type of lock designed to keep roof racks secure. It’s made of metal and has a keyed lock.
So to protect your reels beeing stole from your roof rack. You can ensure your roof rack is always properly secured by following these tips.
What Is the Best Way to Transport a Kayak?
The best way to transport a kayak is on a roof rack. Roof racks provide a safe and secure way to transport your kayak, and they’re easy to use.
You should always ensure the kayak is properly secured when using a roof rack. You can do this by using ratchet straps or tie-downs.
It would help if you also were careful when loading and unloading the kayak. If you’re not careful, you could drop it and damage your car or hurt yourself.
Thule Bike Rack Stolen
If your Thule bike rack is stolen, the best thing to report the theft to the police. You should also contact Thule and tell them that your rack has been stolen.
If you have the serial number for your rack, that will help the police investigate. It would help if you also tried to find witnesses who may have seen the theft.
Foot Pack for Roof Bars
Check out the Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack if you’re looking for a foot pack for your roof bars. This foot pack is designed for use with Thule roof bars and is made of durable materials.
The foot pack includes four feet, which can be adjusted to fit your roof bars. It also has a locking system that prevents the feet from coming loose.
The Thule Rapid Traverse Foot Pack is a great option for anyone looking for a foot pack for their roof bars.
Locking Roof Bike Rack
If you’re looking for a locking roof bike rack, check out the Thule UpRide Universal Bike Rack. This rack is designed to fit most roof racks and durable materials.
The UpRide has a built-in locking system that keeps your bikes secure. It also includes a keyed lock, which is great for added security.
The Thule UpRide Universal Bike Rack is a great option for anyone looking for a locking roof bike rack.
Rod and reel storage on a roof rack
If you’re looking for a way to store your rod and reel on your roof rack, check out the Thule Fishing rod storage. This holder is designed to fit most roof racks and is made of durable materials.
The Fishing rod carrier includes two holders, holding up to four rods. It also has a locking system that prevents the rods from coming loose.
The Thule Fishing Rod Holder is a great option for anyone looking for a way to store their rod and reel on their rod rack.
A roof cargo box can be a great investment, but only if kept safe and secure. Follow these tips to protect your reels beeing stole from your roof rack. Always use locks to secure your items to the rack, even if you think nobody will bother stealing them. And make sure you have a good system for locking the cargo box itself – either with a built-in lock or a cable and padlock. With some effort, you can keep your things safe up on top while driving around town. Have you ever had anything stolen from your roof rack?
You might also like:
- Does Fishing Line Go Bad? When & Why You Should (Change It)
- Penn Fierce 3 Vs Battle 3 Reviews: (Pros, Cons, & Updates)
- Best Reels For Flipping And Pitching Of 2022 [Updated]
- Top 5 Electric Fishing Reels For Disabled Anglers (Tested & Reviewed)
- Best Fishing Reel With Built-In Bite Alarm (2 In 1 Technology)
- 10 Best Anti Backlash Baitcast Reel (Reviews & Top Picks)
- Choosing The Best Open Face Fishing Reel That Performs over Years
- Pflueger Supreme XT Spinning Reels Review – Exclusive Buyers Guide